Monday, September 17, 2012

Just a little update...

Things have been going very well over here on the West coast. We're enjoying the last few weeks of warm weather, and are doing a lot of bike riding! (I don't think Joe has driven the car in about 3 weeks!) There is something about riding bikes together in lieu of driving that is romantic. Instead of driving to ARRIVE at a destination, it feels like the trip there is part of the fun!

I'm trying to work myself to start biking to and from school, but it totals 16 miles (with big ole hills) sooo... I'll get there! I've just been psyching myself out. I love the work and the people! It's a very warm and welcoming environment. It's a pretty good consistent cardio routine as well!! 2 hours a day of scrubbing, vacuuming, and moping has been helping to burn some extra calories! Even though it's a pretty small income, it has also immensely helped our peace of mind in the financial department. We still need to take things really slowly, but we've gotten to go to a few things the past week or so that we wouldn't normally have gone to.

One of which was Septembeer fest! A bunch of local brewery's came to the fair grounds and offered samples (a dollar a piece!) They also had live music, and it was actually family friendly! There were a bunch of little girls dancing at the front of the stage. Saylor had a blast dancing her booty off with her new friends, and Joe and I even danced as well! Since it was only a mile away we biked there and back. I have really enjoyed going to more community events and feeling like an actual Corvallis-ian!

I don't want to go too much into this, but I haven't mentioned how our non processed food thing is going! We are still doing it, and I actually hardly even think about it anymore. I just know when I go to the store to stick to the produce, meat, dairy, and nuts. Every now and again we splurge and get a granola, because Joe loves it so much (who am I kidding, I do too!) But making stuff from home has just been really rewarding to me. I make a lot of sauces and stuff in bulk, and then freeze it, so it's really not a ton of work! I'm realizing more and more that the harder something is to do, it's usually the better thing for you! However, I still haven't convinced myself of that with washing clothes at home, but... I really just hate spending money at the laundromat when I have a perfectly good bath tub and clothes line here! Self sufficient and it feels so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment