Monday, April 15, 2013

4 years old

 Mara and Corrina
 Present opening
Ashley, Mike, Summer
Giant art pad!
Thank you, Summer!

Happy Birthday to you!

A 4 year old wish!

I presented Saylor a crown after she had (on her own) dressed up as a princess. She was so excited.

and still is excited!This is the next morning.








Wow, what an awesome weekend! Saylor's party was on Saturday and it was spectacular! A lot of kids showed up, and a lot of fun was had. After the party died down, our close friends Mike, Ashley, Jamie, and Summer had a bon fire with Joe and I. It was a great relaxed evening to a long, exciting day. Today is Saylor's actual birthday. I told her this morning, the story of her birth (in very simple terms) and she was so intrigued. She would say 'tell me more!' every time I finished a sentence. I asked her 'what are you most excited about this year, since you'll be 4?' and her response was 'turning 5!!!' She has often mentioned that she can't WAIT to be a grown up. While it's endearing, I can very much remember feeling that way when I was a kid, and I grew up WAY too fast. So, I try my best to tell her that being a kid is AWESOME and that she should get the most of it that she possibly can. I told her no matter what, she WILL be a grown up one day, and she should enjoy this youngster time to the fullest. But... my parents and friends told me the same thing, and I guess to some extent, we just are who we are!

Joe and I will be taking her to Papa's Pizza tonight after gymnastics. They have a big indoor playground (and pizza!) But Joe and I already decided on salad bars... We are junk food-ed OUT after this weekend. (We had another birthday party to go to on Sunday, and we will have 2 more next weekend!!!) There are still a few more gifts from family that she hasn't gotten... so we will hand those to her to open at Papa's Pizza. Joe and I went to Goodwill and found a great desk for her, that she can use to make art! She is always making something!

Well I'm off to laundromat and grocery. Happy Monday everyone. Happy Birthday Saylor!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that you post these pictures so we can see Saylor's happy birthday smiles. Miss you and wish we could be there to give hugs to all. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete