Monday, May 13, 2013

Joe turns 25!!



Joe's 25th birthday was on Friday. We had so much fun. Our good friend Mike came over after we put Saylor to bed, and baby sat for us. Joe and I left around 8:45, biked to a close nature trail, then took a small hike. It was pitch black and was reminiscent of the way Joe proposed to me. Then we hopped back on our bikes and headed to the bowling alley. Joe bowled a 134 and I bowled a 109... As long as I break 100 I'm always a happy camper. By this point, it was a little past midnight. We then biked to Shari's (a 24 hour breakfast joint, compare to IHOP). We both ordered the veggie omelette with a couple of flap jacks on the side. We got home around 1:30 AM to find Mike passed out on the couch. We were all so tired, there were a couple of yawns and thank yous, and then Mike headed out, and we were off to bed. The next morning, Joe and I both got up and got our work done. Around noon, we were finished, so we packed up the gang (including Luna) and headed to the beach! It was SUCH a nice day. We found a nice secluded sand dune, and laid around in the sun with our little girl and our wet, sandy dog. On our way out, we stopped at our favorite Thai restaurant. Joe got an out of this world curry dish, while I got my usual (amazing) pad-see-ewe. We then came home and joined our neighbor, Summer, at her house. She was grilling out and had a lot of friends over. It was nice to just sit back and listen to everyone's conversations. We were so tired by this point, we were content being in the background. It doesn't stop there! Sunday (Mother's Day) rolled around. Joe and Saylor woke me up with a bunch of sweet kisses. He brought me coffee in bed, and told me breakfast was on the table. They had made toad in the holes (a family favorite.) Joe had to go off to work shortly after, and then I went after him. Finally, it was late afternoon and we had to be at my and Joe's first softball game. It was SO much fun. We lost 5-7, but have plenty of more games to redeem ourselves! Then we came home, fed Saylor and put her to bed (she was exhausted by this point! A long weekend for us all.) Then Joe and I ordered pizza, drank sparkling white wine, and watched the silent, black and white film, "The Artist." A weekend for the books!

Sorry for all the details, I just loved this weekend so much, I will want to look back and remember every minute of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment