Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saylor Picassa















We had a fun little painting session today! Joe cut up one of his old shirts and we used them as canvases. Saylor quickly lost interest in painting the shirt when she discovered that she could paint herself instead. We're going to an early 4th of July party in a few hours, and Joe joked that he wanted to take her as she appears in the pictures above. 

I love Saturday's, because Joe is (usually) home all day long! He's such a hard worker, and that's a quality that made me fall in love with him, unfortunately it means he's in the lab 6-7 days a week. However, I feel fortunate that we are good at getting the most out of our family time. 

In other news, I woke up this morning, did my usual morning routine, which includes letting the ducks out of their coop. When I went to collect the (1) egg (because only 1 out of 2 ducks have started laying) I found NINE!!! I thought I must be still asleep! But lo and behold, I was not. The only conclusion that Joe and I have come to, is that Brown (the duck who had not yet started laying eggs) had been holding off starting to lay, due to the fact we have gotten a new dog, and she was too stressed to lay. I have no idea if that is even possible, but it's the only thing we can come up with. Crazy. 

Luna goes in on Monday to get her spay surgery :( She has really grown in our hearts the past 2 weeks. She's been the perfect addition to our little family. 

More to come next week! Love you guys <3 

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe, 9 eggs! That must have been VERY uncomfortable for poor Brown. That must have been SOME stress to keep all those in that long! But, I guess seeing your sis almost get eaten will do it. Love your painting, GooGa!!!! <3 <3 Gwammie

    ReplyDelete