Sunday, August 19, 2012

Exceptional People


So my friend Bianca flew up to OR from California this weekend! It was a spectacular early 21st birthday surprise. We took a trip to the coast, had a dinner/wine night at our place, and went blackberry picking earlier today. This girl is the bomb! I don't want to brag, but she gives a pretty mean birthday gift(s) - as if having her come visit wasn't an awesome gift enough! She works for Gallo, so I got the upcoming 21 year olds dream gift- several bottles of wine, and wine accessories. She is also an amazing artist, so she made me a Bianca original, which I'm going to go hang up as soon as I finish this blog. 

After a year of marriage and living on the opposite side of the country from our family, I am so excited for these quickly budding friendships! It seems like it's tying my whole life up in a pretty package, and it feels super fulfilling. 

Scroll down for pictures from our weekend visit. 

Oh, and on an unrelated note- I totally broke my pinky toe on Friday! I was walking through a doorway and stubbed it. It has some pretty colors on it, but is completely pain free now (barring the few incidents a day when I bend it a weird way on accident). 



Hope all of you guys had a beautiful weekend. Love and miss you! 


Casey



 Toledo, OR- Boat Festival
 Mike & Biaca

 Saylor, checking out the boats
 Boat building


 Rolling, rolling, rolling... raw hide!

 Bianca- blackberry picking
 Mike was our biggest (or should I say 'tallest' asset), at 6'4", he could reach all the good berries!

 Jamie
 Taking a break in the shade
 Bianca and our friend, Cottage Cheese

 That is what a man who is proud of his berry harvest looks like
 Jamie, Mike, Bianca, Saylor, Me, Joe
About to say Goodbye to Bianca :(




2 comments:

  1. The pictures are wonderful! And you are toooo kind :) But I have to be honest, what I really wanted to see were some gnarly purple toe pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday Casey! It looks like y'all had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete