Friday, August 19, 2011

Shmorgishborg Ln.

...is what our road should be called. It seems like every day I walk down it I discover yet another tree or bush that contains edible delights.
Blackberry bush

Plum tree in our front yard (which we and the neighbors have eaten mostly all of, but there are a few out of reach that remain.)

Saylor snagged an apple from the apple tree in front of our mailbox (I've counted about 7 apple trees so far.)

She generously shared her apple with the chickens right across the street.

And growing in my garden is the corn...

watermelon...

summer squash...

zucchini

and my tomato is JUST starting.

And in front of the chickens I discovered what my neighbor and I believe to be a hazelnut tree!

In updates about the no sugar, I'm still going strong- today is Day #3. Joe caved and ate a Snickers yesterday. Tsk...

And in potty training world, Saylor is doing very well... We're having trouble with the #2. Yesterday I heard her playing in the dining room, and she came into the kitchen and said "Yay!!! I pooped, Mama!!" I walked into the dining room to discover she had done just that under our table. She has the right idea, just not the right location, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment