Monday, October 3, 2011

The rain is comin'!



Yes, I am afraid that the rain is upon us, now. But being as that I haven't seen any rain in about 3 months, we've been enjoying it. If you throw on a rain jacket and rain boots, it's actually really enjoyable walking around in it. It definitely brings a freshness to the environment. And from what all of the seasoned Oregonians tell us, we probably won't see another ray of sunshine until May or later! So we will have to adapt to just biting the bullet, and accept the fact that we will get wet. Because, I cannot stay cooped up for 8 months- it's getting wet or shriveling up and dying indoors- haha.

It hasn't even been a week since my family left and I started to miss them when I could still see their rental car driving away. And of course, Saylor had to break my heart by asking, "They be right back?" and I had to break my own heart by answering, "No." BUT!!!! On the absolutely glorious bright side, Joe and I bought our plane tickets to Georgia today! We will be there for 23 days in December (and January). I am just unbelievably taken back by Joe's and my families generosity for pulling together to bring us home for the holidays. It pulls at my heart strings every time I think about it.

And just to update from my last post, I, personally, am doing much better. I think having my family here was the therapy I needed. I can't remember if I mentioned this in the last post, but I've been going to a Mommy Get Together about 1-2 times a week and that has been so great for both me and Saylor. The Mom's are great, and there is a wide range of kids from still in the womb to kindergarten age, so Saylor really enjoys the play time and it keeps me sane being able to talk with the other Mom's.


I'll catch up with you guys later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment