Monday, November 12, 2012

Novemberishness

Hey all!

   To me, fall is the shortest season of them all, which is a bummer since it's my favorite. Although the calendar still says 'fall', the fact that all the leaves have officially fallen sends my brain the 'winter' signal. Winter is TOUGH here in Oregon, personally, due to the rain and constant overcast. Joe loves it, though.

My good friends Mike and Bianca got engaged last Wednesday!!! I am so so so so happy for them, they are just wonderful people. Bianca is coming up from California this weekend, and we're having an early Thanksgiving dinner. I told her I'd do the turkey, and now that the dinner is creeping in closer I'm getting super nervous!!! Joe is attempting to talk me into just buying a pre-cooked/sliced turkey- but I can't do that! So I'll take pictures and let you guys know how it goes.

Joe's Mom and little brother came to visit for a few days last week. It was so great having them around and I wish they could have stayed longer!

Joe went to Seattle on Friday and got back Sunday evening. It was SO weird being without him this weekend and difficult! Saylor got up at 5 AM each morning and usually Joe is the early riser and gets up with her. I think whoever said 'distance makes the heart grow fonder' really had it right. My appreciation for him shot through the roof when I was left to do everything by myself. He's the best.

Man, I broke my iPhone and have been stuck with the most basic cell phone you've ever seen. However, I think it's been really good for me to be without my iPhone. It is the most convenient thing EVER, and if anyone had ever told me that I would have to give it up, I would have laughed out loud and make them pry it from my lifeless fingers! But now that I literally have had to give it up, I'm starting to see that I can survive without it- and it may actually be really good for me. Sigh.

Well, that's about it for updates. I hope everyone is having a much less rainy version of fall than we're having!
Sleeping Ju Ju Bean

1 comment:

  1. I have made a couple turkeys. I can help when/if needed! :)

    You will learn to love the winters here. Everything is so green and alive! Hiking in the woods is the best in the winter. It is cool, but not cold (to me, haha. Compaired to MI!)and there is hardly anybody else out except the diehards. They are more my people! They don't care that my dog is off leash because they love to see her having just as much fun as the rest of us! The diehards also don't tend to have fragile pets they need to pick up and give me the stink eye for letting my dog be freeeeee! ;)

    ReplyDelete