Monday, November 26, 2012

Sisters, OR

The 'Civil War' was on Saturday, that's Oregon State vs. University of Oregon- we lost-- But we felt like winners because we spent the game at Papa's Pizza, so Joe and I could spend some quality time together while Saylor played on their ginormous playground, so fun was had by everyone. And... pizza, of course. We biked there as well, which makes it double fun and the guilt a little less for chowing down on pizza and beer. 

 Yesterday was our last day of Thanksgiving break. We decided to get the most out of it and make a day trip to Sisters and Redmond. Sisters is a cute, ranchy, mountain town. Redmond (18 miles east of Sisters) is considered 'high desert'. So we got to have a little fun in the snow AND in the desert. I love Oregon!
 Note to Mom and Dad- this is the place where we went and ate our sandwiches when you were here visiting.

 Another note to Mom and Dad- THIS is where we were sitting on the rocks. They're completely covered in water now!!


 Handsomeness.
 Snow!!!
 Old Growth





 Sunshine and snow.

 Three fingered Jack, I believe??? There's so many snow capped mountains in this area, I get all turned around as to which one is which.

Then Joe takes us to THIS location and tells me to get Luna out of the car. Then we came across this sign and decided against it. :( So sad! 


       What?




 High desert mountains
 Crooked River at the Cove Palisades



Goodnight desert moon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, What a great adventure! I am so glad you guys made it out! I heart Oregon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put the photo of Saylor holding to the wall on my computer back ground. I thought that was funny with the sign and all. Love you

    ReplyDelete